Firstly, I would like to begin by saying…I am baaack! I took a little break, as my personal life had a lot going on. I’ve refocused and keen to jumped right back into blogging. I thought the Royal Wedding was perfect opportunity to mark the occasion.
So, without further ado:
- Oh, there’s Oprah!
- There’s a flower/greenery wall inside the chapel! Love it! I knew greenery was on trend.
- How amazing is the weather? It’s probably the least British part of this whole day!
- Oh look, there’s Pippa and all the Middletons…arriving fairly early – are they in cheap seats?
- Definitely, Prince George’s (the future King of England) grandfather just had to show his ticket at the door!
- Ooooh Amal Clooney looks aaaaamazing! That dress, that colour, that hat, the little veil!
- The Beckhams have arrived! Victoria looks…borning? It’s basically the same outfit she wore to Kate & Williams wedding.
- I don’t think Meghan is going to look nervous. I think she is going to look like she’s been doing this every day of her life.
- She must be nervous though? I am nervous for her!
- Meghan is in the car! I repeat, Meghan is in the car
- The veil and tiara are perfection!
- The dress has long sleeves – which was expected.
- Harry and William have arrived! And they look…hot! As in temperature, all those layers.
- Ah, the Princes are literally walking in unison, you can just see their brotherly bond.
- The Queen has arrived! It’s about to kick off!
- Ah, Meghan’s mom Doria looks so emotional.
- It’s making me emotional, watching her being emotional.
- Kate has arrived with all the kiddies!
- Princess Charlotte is always up for a wave, love it!
- Kate looks amazing for someone who gave birth some four weeks ago.
- There is the Bride, in all her glory!
- Wow, these steps are must be quite daunting to a Bride on her own.
- But so worth it, seeing her walk up those steps is an iconic moment!
- Love the dress – simple elegance.
- That veil has my heart. Forever.
- The group of bridesmaids and pageboys walking haphazardly behind her is one of the sweetest moments of the day.
- Personally, not sure how I feel about Prince Charles escorting her the rest of the way. I think she looked like a fiercely beautiful Bride and elegantly powerful walking down alone.
- Harry taking her veil back was is the most romantic moment of the day. Hands down.
- I love their vowels, although not personally written, they are very moving.
- The choir singing Stand By Me is possibly the most powerful moment of the day.
- The procession is a fabulous moment, the flower arches are to die for!
- Wow, the flower arch at the entrance really comes to life as it frames them as they are about to exit to greet the crowds.
- The first kiss! What a wonderful moment which does come across truly genuine.
- The horses and carriage await! The fairytale would not be complete without it.
- This might seem strange to some but I think the carriage ride must be a really lovely chance to digest the wedding. Take it all in.
And that’s it, its all over!
I hope you have enjoyed my lighthearted and fun return to Weddings on a Sixpence. I still have so many more hopes and dreams for this blog so I hope that you will stick around. I promise it will be worth it!